Tips for Buying Ceiling Fans Like a Pro
February 22, 2018 11:13:50 AM EST
Looking to shop for ceiling fans? Nowadays there are numerous styles, finishes, and makes available in the market, so although you are spoilt for choice, there is a chance you might get little overwhelmed as well. These tips will make the task of buying a ceiling fan slightly easier – take a look:
- Don’t forget to take measurements of your room, before buying the fan, as it will help you gauge the right size for your room. If you have a larger room, it would be best to opt for a slightly bigger fan, so that air circulates all over the room and remains cool even in hot summers.
- Consider the ceiling of your room – you have to check if you have a high or low ceiling, so the dimensions of the fan can be chosen accordingly.
- Ceiling fans can be used both indoors and outdoors, so keep this factor in mind while buying. Each type has individual characteristics that will help you decide if it is suitable for you or not. Don’t make the mistake of installing an indoor fan outside your home, as they aren’t designed to withstand high temperatures and contaminants like dirt, dust, etc.
- Always check the energy star rating of the ceiling fan – the more energy efficient they are, the more you will be able to save on power bills.
- The fan needs to have sturdy construction so they have a longer shelf life, and perform exceptionally at all times. Make sure the blade size matches the motor.
- There is nothing more annoying than the blades of a fan making incessant noise! High quality ball bearings ensure the noise is minimal with less vibration.
- With the advent of technology, some ceiling fans are able to adjust their speed based on the temperature prevalent outside. This feature also enhances energy efficiency.
- Nowadays you get fans with remote controls that help you control the speed from the couch or bed.
- Lastly, you need to ensure the fan doesn’t meddle with the aesthetic appeal of the room. Pick the color and style that blends well with the overall theme, or else it will stand out blatantly as a “bad purchase”.
Always buy from a reliable company so you can be rest assured of getting true value for money. For instance, Emerson ceiling fans are a good choice, as they come with a host of advanced features and the quality is top-notch as well.