SHIPPING & HANDLING POLICY
Please be advised that we cannot ship any merchandise to PO Box addresses.
Truck Freight - Large & Oversized Items
Items shipped via truck freight are delivered to curbside or driveway only. Most carries will contact you to set up a delivery time, usually a 2-4 hour appointment window during business hours. As such, it is the customer's responsibility to provide an accurate contact phone number for the delivery address. At the time of delivery, the driver will require that you inspect the condition of the shipment and sign the delivery receipt. Be sure to note on the receipt ANY and ALL visible damage to the packaging of your item(s). Noting the condition of the delivery is the responsibility of the customer - not the driver. If the carrier is unable to contact the customer, the customer will then be responsible for any storage fees or freight charges back to the shipper. See our Return Policy section for full details.
A customer may choose to make a purchase placed online available for pickup at our store. If you wish to pick up your purchase, we will contact you via phone or email when your product is ready for your visit. Orders that are arranged to be picked up will be charged in full once the merchandise arrives at the showroom - not when it is picked up.
Shipping Lead Times
South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com strives to provide its customers with the most accurate information on product availability using the tools and resources made available by the manufacturers we represent. The lead times that are posted on the individual product pages are estimates only. These times are estimated based on the assumption that the item in question is currently in stock with the manufacturer and on the manufacturer's typical speed at which orders are processed and shipped. If your purchase or project is time sensitive, it is strongly suggested that you contact a store associate at (305) 233-8020 to inquire about expedited shipping services. South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com is not responsible for any costs associated with shipment delays. We strongly suggest that any professional services required to install your product(s) not be scheduled until your order has arrived and been inspected.
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND PROCEDURES
We accept American Express, Mastercard, Visa, and Discover credit cards. We also accept PayPal as a checkout method.
Payment by Credit Card
Once you have placed your order, your credit card will be immediately charged for the full amount. If there is a backorder that we are informed of and it is not shown on lightingmiami.com we will contact you before charging your card to confirm you accept.
Payment by Debit Card
Once you have placed your order, your debit card will be immediately charged for the full amount. If there is a backorder that we are informed of and it is not shown on lightingmiami.com we will contact you before charging your card to confirm you accept.
Payment by PayPal
If you would like to checkout using PayPal, you will be charged the full amount at the time of purchase. Once the purchase is complete, we can not modify it to add items. If you would like to purchase additional items, it must be done as a separate transaction. If you would like to remove items, we will refund the amount to your PayPal account.
South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com Shipping Policies
Please be advised that South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com cannot ship any merchandise to PO Box addresses.
Standard Ground Shipping - Small Parcel UPS and FedEx Items
South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com offers FREE SHIPPING on items able to ship via UPS or Federal Express Ground for orders that are $49.00 or greater. This Free Shipping Offer is applicable only to orders shipping to the US continental 48 states. Actual shipping costs will be incurred for orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Canada. Please call 305-233-8020 or email [email protected] for a shipping quote to these areas.
Orders less that $49.00 will incur a standard processing and handling charge of $15.00. Orders cannot be combined for the purposes of this free shipping offer.
What you can expect for Small Parcel shipments...
The high value of many of the products offered by South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com require a signature upon delivery even for UPS and Federal Express shipments. If delivery without a signature is desired, it is suggested that you a leave a signed note on the door with the appropriate instructions for the driver. Failure to do so may result in the item(s) being returned to the shipper by the carrier. Additional charges for this return shipment will be incurred by the customer.
Truck Freight - Large & Oversized Items
Large items, such as large chandeliers and floor lamps, may ship via truck freight. Orders containing items that must ship via truck freight will incur a $65 surcharge for EACH ITEM that must ship via freight. Items that must ship via truck freight are notated by the manufacturer based on the size and packaging of the product in question. Items that must ship via truck freight are marked as such on the individual product pages.
What you can expect for Large Item Truck Freight shipments...
Items shipped via truck freight are delivered to curbside or driveway only. Most carries will contact you to set up a delivery time, usually a 2-4 hour appointment window during business hours. As such, it is the customer's responsibility to provide an accurate contact phone number for the delivery address. If you require special assistance with a Truck Freight delivery, additional services like inside delivery and lift gate are available at an additional charge. Please contact a representative at 305-233-8020 for a quote on these services.
At the time of delivery, the driver will require that you inspect the condition of the shipment and sign the delivery receipt. Be sure to note on the receipt ANY and ALL visible damage to the packaging of your item(s). Noting the condition of the delivery is the responsibility of the customer - not the driver.
If the carrier is unable to contact the customer, the customer will then be responsible for any storage fees or freight charges back to the shipper. See our Return Policies for full details.
South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com Delivery
At the discretion of South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com, professionally trained and experienced personnel from South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com will deliver merchandise free of charge to customers deemed to be within the trading area of our South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com showroom.
Delivery by South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com will be scheduled by appointment only. South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com delivery does not include inside delivery or any installation services. South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com strongly suggests hiring a licensed electrical contractor for all lighting installations.
Orders less that $49.00 will incur a standard processing and handling charge of $15.00. Orders cannot be combined for the purposes of this free shipping offer.
In-store Pickup (South Florida Only)
A customer may choose to make a purchase placed online through lightingmiami.com available for pickup through our South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com Showroom. If you wish to pick up your purchase at our showroom, your order must be placed by calling 305-233-8020 . If your order is less than $49.00 you will still be responsible for the $15.00 processing and handling fee. Orders that are arranged to be picked up at South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com's showroom will be charged in full upon ordering - not when it is picked up.
Shipping Lead Times
South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com strives to provide its customers with the most accurate information on product availability using the tools and resources made available both in house and by our manufacturers.
The lead times that are posted on the individual product pages are estimates only. These times are estimated based on the assumption that the item in question is currently in stock with the manufacturer and also based on the manufacturer's typical speed at which orders are processed and shipped.
If your purchase or project is time sensitive, it is strongly suggested that you contact a representative at 305-233-8020 or email [email protected] to inquire about expedited shipping services.
Once your order has processed, you will receive an initial order status email providing you with the initial estimated shipping dates for each item on your order. These shipping dates are estimated based on the availability of the item(s) purchased. If an item you have purchased is made to order or is on back order with the manufacturer, your order status email will reflect this along with an estimated shipping date. Estimated shipping dates are subject to change.
South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com is not responsible for any costs associated with shipment delays. South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com strongly suggests that any professional services required to install your product(s) not be scheduled until your order has arrived and been inspected.
Damaged & Defective Goods Policy
At South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com, we pride ourselves on our customer service. Our number one goal is your satisfaction. We have been a part of the South Florida Community since 1971 and have a large following due to our mission to keep you happy. Here are our return policies.
- Southdadelighting.com requires that damages be reported within 10 days of receipt.
- We will assist you in ordering a new replacement item while we work on returning the damaged one.
- If you receive an item that is damaged do not discard any of the packaging in which it was received. Discarding the original packaging of a damaged item may delay or even void the return.
- Please be prepared to provide your order number, product and the specific nature of the damage. In some cases we may request photos be taken.
- All items that are returned as damaged or defective will be inspected upon receipt. Return of an item found to be in working condition and absent of any damage or defect upon inspection will incur a 25% restocking fee.
Contact us ASAP with any issues:
30 Day Return Policy We understand that the lighting or decor you purchased may not ultimately be what you had in mind and we want to make sure you are happy with the final product. Best of all, we will work with you until you find what you need, saving you time and money.
Also, and unlike many other online retailers who make you deal with ALL the return shipping details, we provide you with pre-paid return shipping labels so all you need to do is get the package ready for pick up. You not only benefit from our reduced shipping rates but if something were to happen in transit we deal with it, not you.
If you would like to return an item that is in "As-New" condition you may return the product at your expense within 30 days of receipt (based on the date the item was delivered).
"As-New" Condition is
- an item that has not been installed or modified or wires cut
- in the original unmarked packaging, box and packing material
- includes all parts and product & installation guides
- to put it another way, "as-new" = if you were to receive it, you would accept the fixture as new
Steps 1 through 3:
1. Receive Authorization & Instructions To initiate a return, have your order number ready and contact us by:
- E-Mail [email protected]
- Calling us at (305)233-8020
A Customer Experience Representative will review your order and create a Return Case, answering by email any questions you may have as well as providing a return shipping charge estimate.
2. Pack & Ship your item(s)
Once a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number has been issued by the Manufacturer we are in full control of your return.
- Please ensure the item is well packed in its original packaging. Other than the return label please do not write or mark on the box in anyway.
- We will monitor the return and handle any shipping issues if they occur. If the item is lost or damaged we deal with it, not you, and your refund will still be processed.
- Please allow at least 7-10 business days to receive your RGA number.
- For regular sized items, you will receive an email with our FedEx return shipping label attached.
- You can then drop the item at a convenient UPS location or call 1-800-742-5877 to have it picked up.
- You can track the progress of your return using the UPS website (www.UPS.com) and the tracking number information.
- Large items shipping by freight carrier require some coordination and we will work with you and the freight company to schedule
- It will be your responsibility to be physically present at the time the freight company arrives to retrieve the item.
- The freight company chosen to retrieve your product for return will be at the discretion of lightingmiami.com.
3. Your Return Credit
Upon receipt by the Manufacturer, the item will be inspected for "as new" condition and once confirmed we will process your credit less the actual shipping charges.
- We work hard to make this go as quick as possible and the process usually takes 10 business days or less. Unusually, due to transit times and some manufacturers' processes, it can take up to 30 days - so please be patient.
- Typically, you will be refunded via the same method in which the item was purchased.
Important Information to Review While you Wait for Your Credit
To File or Not To File a Dispute
Please do not request a charge back from your credit card company during the return process. Due to the time it takes to resolve charge back disputes, it is usually better to be patient and wait for the return process to run its course. If a charge back has been submitted, we will not be able to credit you for your return until the charge back mediation process has been completed. This process can take up to 90 days. In certain cases, initiating a charge back can void your ability to receive any credit at all.
The Item is not "As-New"
If the item is determined to not be in "As-New" condition we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of up to 75% on top of the return shipping charges.
The Item is Returned Without an RGA
Items returned without an RGA are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee and based on the item, may be denied.
Exceptions and Items not Eligible for Return
Unfortunately, under certain circumstances items purchased from lightingmiami.com are not eligible for return.
These exceptions and items are as follows:
- Items sold as final sale (aka Closeout) products
- Custom or Special Order Products
- Made-to-Order Products - please check individual product pages for confirmation
- Light bulbs, parts, glass, shades, etc
- Any item that has been assembled, installed, modified or used in any way
- Any item without original packaging
- Items delivered/received more than 30 days ago are usually non-returnable; if approved the return will include a restock fee
- Items where the RGA (return authorization) issue date is greater than 10 business days will require a new RGA and may be denied
- Expedited shipping and charges for shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or international addresses
- Any product not purchased from lightingmiami.com or from our South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com showroom
Returning Online Orders to South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com's showroom
If you happen to live in the vicinity of South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com's showroom you are welcome to return any item ordered through lightingmiami.com to that showroom.
Please note: To ensure a speedy credit, we strongly advise you request prior authorization before visiting the showroom.
Returning the item to a showroom will usually fast track the return process and you can receive your credit in 2-3 business days if not sooner. Please refer to our 30 Day Return Policy above for specific information on how to initiate the return process before you head to the showroom.
- All returns must be pre-approved and be accompanied by an RGA number.
- Unfortunately, credit due cannot be issued by the showroom. Upon inspection we can usually issue the credit within 1-2 business days so you will get your funds back quickly regardless.
- Upon receipt of your return, we will issue you a Return Acknowledgement. This is your proof that we have your item in our possession and what condition the item was returned in.
- Although we still have to ship the item back to the Manufacturer we can expedite your return if the item is determined to be in "as new" condition. In this case, your credit will usually be processed within 2-3 business days if not faster.
Some of our manufacturers charge restocking fees for the return of undamaged and non-defective merchandise. Although we still have to pay them, we will waive your restocking fee with a new order of equal or greater value.
The individual product pages will indicate if the manufacturer of the item charges a restocking fee and if so, the extent of that restocking fee. These restocking fees are charged by the manufacturer in addition to any shipping deductions that may be incurred in returning an item.
Large Quantity Purchases
When ordering large quantities (6+) of the same item we strongly suggest ordering a single sample for evaluation before you place the full order.
Returns of any item in quantities of 6 or more units will be subject to a return review. Depending upon the item and the manufacturer you may be charged a restock fee or have the return denied.
"Final Sale" Products (aka Closeouts)
There are many items available for purchase at lightingmiami.com that are marked as Closeout Products and are further discounted from their regular low price. These are products that have been discontinued by the Manufacturer and are therefore subject to availability as inventory runs out.
- All Closeout Products are sold as Final Sales.
- Absolutely No Returns will be accepted on closeout merchandise.
- Products that are sold as closeouts are subject to availability. Should a Closeout Product become unavailable after placing an order, you will be notified immediately and your order cancelled at no penalty to you.
- If you receive a Closeout Product that is damaged, it must be reported within 10 days of receipt, as per our Damaged Good Policy.
- We will make all attempts to replace a damaged Closeout Product. If a replacement is no longer available, you will receive a full refund.
Custom and Made-to-Order Products
Through its strong and long lasting relationships, lightingmiami.com is able to offer custom products from top manufacturers
Custom and Made-to-Order Details:
- Custom orders require payment be collected in full at the time the order is placed.
- Once a custom order is placed it cannot be cancelled.
- Custom orders often require production and shipping lead times ranging anywhere from 4 to 16 weeks.
- Custom orders cannot be returned under ANY circumstance. If you receive a custom order that is damaged beyond repair, a replacement will be made for you.
Return Shipping Policies
Small Parcel Items - Shipped by FedEx or UPS
When we notify you of the return authorization (RGA), lightingmiami.com will also issue a prepaid UPS return shipping label via email. This shipping label is to be affixed to the box containing the item to be returned. Because the label is issued by lightingmiami.com, any damages or lost shipments incurred in the return shipping of the item are fortunately not your responsibility.
When the package is ready for pickup, simply call 1-800-742-5877 to schedule a pick up for the item(s).
Please note: Return shipping labels will be issued with expiration dates 2 weeks from the date of issue and will not be reissued. It is your responsibility to make arrangements for the pickup of the item(s) to be returned in a timely manner.
If you are not placing another order with us for the same or greater value, you are responsible for the actual shipping cost back to the manufacturer. We will confirm the shipping amount at the time we process your return request and the fee will be deducted when we process the return credit. Large Items Shipped via Truck/Freight Liner
For items that were delivered via Truck or Freight Liner, we will work with you and the freight company to make arrangements for the retrieval and shipment of the product. It will be your responsibility to have someone physically present at the time the freight company arrives to retrieve the item. Also, the freight company chosen to retrieve your product for return will be at the discretion of lightingmiami.com.
If you are not placing another order with us for the same or greater value, you are responsible for the actual shipping cost back to the manufacturer. We will confirm the shipping amount at the time we process your return request and the fee will be deducted when we process the return credit.
Please note: we subsidize the shipping cost to you and it is often more than the $65 you were charged.
Your Satisfaction is our Number One Goal. At South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com, we want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase, and exactly what you want. Our sincere goal is to provide an enjoyable shopping experience that encourages you to shop with us for years to come. On the occasion that you receive a product that you just don't like or that doesn't match your decor, our experienced customer service staff is just a phone call away and will guide you through our easy return policy. Customers who place orders online are responsible for the accuracy of their product selection and information entered. Customers who place orders by phone or in-store must review their receipt for accuracy within 24 hours.
Note: If your product has arrived damaged or doesn't work properly, please refer to the "Damaged & Defective Goods Policy" below.
- Acquire authorization and instructions: To begin the return process, please call online sales at (305) 233-8020. In most cases we will email you a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number to return product along with return instructions.
- Shipping product back: Ship the item to the warehouse address listed on the return authorization. Below are the keys to a successful return:
- Good Packaging: Re-pack products for return in the original box with original packaging material.
- Use the return label provided or your own label and write the RGA# exactly as instructed by our staff. Do not write on the box to maintain its like-new condition. Improper labeling may result in the denial of return.
- Ship & Insure: Next, ship the product to the warehouse address provided using a carrier that will provide both a tracking number as well as a signature that the item was confirmed delivered. Please do not ship USPS because they do not provide these guarantees. If we are unable to confirm delivery of your item, this may result in the denial of a refund.
- Tracking Number: We recommend using a carrier that will provide you with a return tracking number as this will speed up your return process. Retain your tracking number and email it to the issuing store associate so that we can check on the progress of your return. If you have not received credit within 14 days from the date of delivery to the warehouse, please contact our store and provide us with the tracking number so that we can expedite the credit process for you.
- You will have 7 days in which to return the product from the date that we receive approval from the manufacturer. After 7 days, the Return Authorization will expire and no replacements or refunds will be given. In the event that a return becomes damaged on its way back to the return destination, we will inform you via email or phone that the item was received damaged and hold the product for up to 15 days. It is the customer's responsibility to file a claim with the shipping carrier and instruct us concerning what to do with the damaged product. If we have not received notification or response from the customer within 14 days, the item will be donated or destroyed.
Items returned without the proper RGA# or sent to the wrong warehouse are subject to an automatic 50% restocking fee or complete forfeiture of your refund. If credit is to be given, it will be by store credit only. Please read your return instructions carefully to avoid delays and unnecessary expenses.
Please do not request a charge back from your credit card company during the return process. Due to the time it takes to resolve charge back disputes, it is usually better to be patient and wait for the return process to run its course. If a charge back has been submitted, we will not be able to credit you for your return until the charge back mediation process has been completed. This process can take up to 180 days.
Items not eligible for returns/credit include:
- Special purchases, including: clearance items, inventory sale items, etc.
- Any item that has been assembled, installed (including cut or clipped wires), modified or used in any way.
- Any item that is not in resalable condition.
- Any item not accompanied by a Return Goods Authorization Number (RGA#) issued by South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com. Any item that is not in the original box with sufficient packaging materials.
- Large orders: (Orders containing 6 or more of a single item or orders with an invoice total greater than ,000). When ordering large quantities, we suggest ordering a sample for evaluation.
- Light bulbs, parts, and shades.
- Any item not purchased from South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com
- Shipping & handling charges.
Damaged & Defective Goods Policy
We understand that a product may get damaged in transit or, on occasion, there may be a manufacturer product defect. Rest assured, we will stand by you during this process and make sure we do everything we can to bring it to a satisfying and timely conclusion - at no expense to you. For us to offer this level of service, however, we need a little help from the customer in the form of a detailed product inspection immediately upon delivery. This will make things much easier if you decide to return the item.
Small Package Deliveries
For smaller UPS or FedEx deliveries that are damaged in transit, instead of refusing the package, please contact our store immediately. If damages are reported within 7 days for UPS or FedEx deliveries, we can file a claim on behalf of the customer and work to quickly resolve it. Please be aware that replacements or refunds can be hindered or denied if the customer fails to notify South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com of defective or damaged merchandise within two business days of receipt.
Large Package Deliveries
Immediate inspection is especially important when receiving large items (such as a chandelier, large pendant, or glass items) from common freight carriers. In this case, it is important to notate any damage on the bill of lading or receipt when you sign for the delivery, even if the package appears only slightly damaged. Customers who sign for delivery and do not notate "damage" assume responsibility if merchandise is damaged. If the product itself appears significantly damaged, you may refuse delivery. Please notify our store of refusal so we can anticipate the return and send out a new item. South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com will repair or replace the damaged or defective goods for no additional charge. If a return is desired instead of replacement, the "Standard Return Policy" above applies and there may be a restocking fee and our initial shipping and handling costs will be deducted from the credit. Failure to follow return procedure for the damaged item may result in a charge for the free replacement item. Returned items that are found to be in working condition or shipped as ordered may not be eligible for a refund. In such a case South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com will email you for your decision on whether to ship the item back to you at your expense or be refunded with a 50% restocking fee and store credit.
If you would like to cancel an order that has not shipped from our store or the manufacturer, simply contact one of our sales associates at (305) 233-8020. Then, we will submit a request to the manufacturer for cancellation. Shortly after, you will receive an email acknowledging your cancellation request followed by another email either confirming the cancellation or stating that we were unable to cancel. Please allow up to 24 hours for confirmation of cancellation. Please be aware that some items may have already shipped from our store or the manufacturer and be in route for final delivery to you. In such a case, cancellation fees may apply. Once an order has already shipped, it cannot be cancelled, rerouted or redirected. If you would like to return the item, you will need to follow the "Standard Return Policy". Do not refuse the delivery of non-damaged goods as this will result in up to a 50% restocking fee. A delivery refusal may also result in the loss of your product and may void any possibility of a refund. You may also be charged for roundtrip shipping costs. Some items that are custom made or built-to-order cannot be cancelled.
Items on Backorder
If you are cancelling an order due to backorder, we recommend you first call our store to verify the accuracy of the date before making your final decision. There are times when manufacturers have stated items as backordered, only to find that they have already shipped or are going out the next day. On the other hand, if the item is truly unavailable for an extended period, we sincerely apologize for the delay. Please note that since a cancellation request is time sensitive, please do not email or leave voice messages regarding your intention as it may slow the process down. It is important that you get a hold of a store associate directly at (305) 233-8020.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
While every effort is made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate, the website is provided “as is” and South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com makes no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the information found on it.
In no event will South dade lighting DBA as lightingmiami.com be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential or special damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of profit, loss of contracts, goodwill, data, information, income, anticipated savings or business relationships, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damage, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.